Well, to put it simple, it’s definitely safe!
Not surprisingly, Banks use WordPress as a CMS(Content Management System) to manage their banking website or to integrate their mobile banking apps with their individual websites.
Not convinced yet? Here are a few examples of banking and credit-related websites backed up with WordPress:
- Gateway Bank – The Only Community Bank in Mesa AZ
- Building Communities. Changing Lives.
- GIC and savings account | Oaken Financial
- Middelfart Sparekasse – din lokale bank – Fælles Om. Økonomien
- Home | Lake City Bank | Northern and Central Indiana
- Cornerstone Financial Credit Union
- Home | Vantage West Credit Union
- Tucson Federal Credit Union « Tucson Matters!
Unfortunately, a common misconception about WordPress is that it is insecure or it can easily be hacked which is nothing but a flat-out wrong concept. If you are doubtful of the efficacy of WordPress on your WordPress banking website, you can go through this definitive guide to keep your financial and other sensitive data safe.
Finally, I would like to say if you are not complying with the standard website security guideline, any websites, no matter how much exclusively customized core they have or what programming language is used for them, are doomed to be hacked.